Sunday 3 October 2010

Day 1 - Las Vegas

Well its been all of seven weeks since I was last in Las Vegas, and everytime I visit I am excited and apalled in equal measure at its complete excess!
Coming to the USA always seems to be a 36 hour trip by the time you have set off, got the flight checked in adjusted to an 8 hour time difference and had a sleep - this trip was greatly aided by getting a complimentary upgrade to Club - which is always nice.
We are staying in the Hotel Monte Carlo, which is OK but not a patch on the Wynn I stayed in earlier this year - still as a non gambler its all the same really.
Today I picked up my 2009 Streetglide and went for a ride around town and paid a quick vist to the Las Vegas Bikefest which was in the process of winding down. Later I meet my fellow riders and tomorrow we head off on the trip to Dallas - can't wait!  Here is the view from my hotel window, The Monte Carlo and a couple of bikes I liked.



3 comments:

motoroz said...

Look forward to reading about your trip. Make sure you enjoy some good Texas Bar-B-Que.

Gary France said...

Good luck with your trip Ian - it should be a blast!

iansolley said...

thanks guys - looking forwards to setting off in a few hours - short ride to start - Hoover Dam, Oatman then off to min--Vegas - Laughlin!

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.